Simple XML-to-Python conversion

gaudetteje at gmail.com gaudetteje at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 10:46:03 EST 2005

One reason I chose not to use ConfigParser module is that I also have a
similar config file for a MATLAB compiled program to run along with my
Python script.  XML would eliminate the need to use two different style
configuration files.

Another reason is that the programmer who is writing the GUI to
interface with my Python/Matlab programs must be able to easily
read/modify/write these configuration files.  Since he is already using
XML for other purposes in the Netbeans GUI, this was a logical choice.