pytone / _bsddb

Bas van Gils read-the-signature at send-spam-to-dev-null.com
Thu Mar 3 05:59:10 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've been using the `pytone' tool for playing my mp3's for a while. Great
tool. However, after upgrading Python to version 2.4 it stopped working. The
traceback that I get is this:

-----<snip>-----
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "src/pytone.py", line 104, in ?
        songdbid = songdbmanager.addsongdb(songdbname,
+config.database[songdbname])
      File "/home/basvg/bin/PyTone-2.2.1/src/services/songdb.py", line 147, in
+addsongdb
        import songdbs.local
      File "/home/basvg/bin/PyTone-2.2.1/src/services/songdbs/local.py", line
+24, in ?
        import bsddb.dbshelve
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/bsddb/__init__.py", line 47, in ?
        import _bsddb
    ImportError: No module named _bsddb
-----</snip>-----

The mentioned line in __init__.py is:

    import _bsddb

I had a look around through /usr/lib/python2.4 but I couldn't find a _bsddb
indeed. Can anyone help me get my favorite py-tool to work again ;-)?

Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils at cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493  -  http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences