mxDateTime on Mac: Fatal Python Error

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Mar 7 17:51:20 EST 2005

contact at alanlittle.org wrote:
> I'm trying to get mxDateTime working on a Mac so that I can use pyscopg
> and cx_Oracle. The Egenix base package builds and installs quite
> happily, but then when I try to import it I get
>

>>>import mx.DateTime
>
> Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
> Abort
>
> ... any ideas?

Messages like these are usually the result of a version mismatch
between the Python interpreter and the .so file of the extensions.

Make sure you build the package using the same Python interpreter
you will later use it with.

> Environment:
>
> OS X 10.3.8
> sys.version: '2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11) \n[GCC 3.3 20030304
> (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)]'
> egenix-mx-base-2.0.6

Hmm, this might also be some weird Mac OS issue. While we currently
don't support Macs directly, we do welcome suggestions to make them
work on your favorite platform.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 07 2005)