modifiable config files in compiled code?

Tom Willis tom.willis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:09:21 EST 2005

ConfigParser works on linux I'm pretty sure. I just ran Ipython
imported it and loaded a config file.

I don't remember anything in the docs that said otherwise.

I would prefer an xml style config file myself. But I can get by with
and ini right now. The logging framework seems to me to be the
hairiest configurations and it's able to work in an ini format. If I
need anything fancier than that, I might consider doing it for a
living and getting someone to pay me to compe up with it. :)

On 10 Mar 2005 19:34:46 -0800, gaudetteje at gmail.com
<gaudetteje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since this utility will also be ported to the linux world, does anyone
> know what the linux/unix counterpart of a Windows .INI configuration
> file is?
>
> I suppose I could get away with using XML for my config files and avoid
> having two different tools altogether.
>
> --

Thomas G. Willis
http://paperbackmusic.net