newbie, help with pythonpath

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Mar 3 18:43:37 EST 2005

Eduardo Suarez wrote:
> In order not to make a mess my system, i have installed a packaged
> called pygtkglext in /usr/local/pygtkglext instead of /usr/local (using
> the --prefix in ./configure).
>
> Hence, i have the directories
> /usr/local/pygtkglext-1.0.1/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkgl
> /usr/local/pygtkglext-1.0.1/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/gdkgl
> with the python packages i have compiled.
>
> I'm trying to set the python path variable so i can use them, but i
> haven't got it. Any hint?
>
> I have also installed the gtk package in:
> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk
>
> Is there a way to make it work?

Yes, with the easiest way of explaining it to you being this:
"please read the comments at the top of the site.py file in
the standard library and use the techniques it suggests".

I think the online documentation for the site module also
covers this stuff, but I don't recall verifying that yet...

-Peter