compiled open source Windows lisp (was Re: Python becoming less Lisp-like)

Christopher C. Stacy cstacy at news.dtpq.com
Tue Mar 15 16:35:33 EST 2005

"Brandon J. Van Every" <try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com> writes:
> Last I looked, 2 years ago?, there were no compiled, open source
> lisps that ran on Windows.  Has this changed?

GCL (formerly known as KCL and ACL) has been around since 1984,
and has been available on Windows since 2000.

ECL (another KCL derivative) has been available since about 1990.

Corman Common Lisp only runs on Windows, and has been available since 1998.

There might be others; those are off the top of my head.
I am also not counting here any Lisp implementations that
ran on Windows under the Cygwin support; just native ones.

Historically, compiled open-souce Lisp implementations
have been available since the 1960s.

All this information has been available in FAQs and
on many web pages since forever.