py2app can't find

Bob Swerdlow swerdlow at
Mon Mar 14 20:16:08 CET 2005

I'm trying to move my application from bundlebuilder to py2app.  I upgraded
to PyObjC 1.2, which include py2app 1.7, but I got the following error.  I
saw a note on the py2app site that earlier versions need to be removed
before the upgrade, so I deleted the py2app directory and downloaded and
installed it separately, but got the same result.  How do I get it to find
this file?

Excerpts from the py2app run:

% python py2app
running py2app

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/tmp/", line 218, in ?
python2.3/site-packages/py2app/py2app/", line 208, in
     if force or newer(mod.filename, cfile):
python2.3/distutils/", line 22, in newer
     raise DistutilsFileError, "file '%s' does not exist" % source
distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: file '' does not exist
error: command '/usr/bin/python' failed with exit status 1