How to script DOS app that doesn't use stdout

Gregor nospam at nospam.nospam.edu
Tue Mar 8 03:48:55 EST 2005

"Paul Watson" <pwatson at redlinepy.com> wrote in
news:3920bqF5svrudU1 at individual.net:

> The good-ole DOS app could be doing many things.  It could be making
> BIOS calls or writing directly to the video display memory at segment
> 0xB800. One would think that if it did a DUP of stdout that it might
> get captured, but apparently you have tried the popen* family.
>
> Any hints as to what the DOS app is?  If it is known by anyone,
> perhaps a workaround is also known.

Hmmm. Sounds like scripting this app might be a bit of a problem...

I don't think the program was available to the general public... It's
called "PC-Bill." It's used to send doctors' bills to the Canadian
government.

Greg.