"Static" python program

Pink pink at odahoda.de
Fri Mar 4 09:43:26 EST 2005

Daniel  Frickemeier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem.
>
> I´m developing a small python-program wiht the mysql-python-module.
> The program should run on a server without any mysql-installation.
> Is there any posibility to "kompile" a python with static libaries?
MySQL distributions (at least on Linux systems) are usually split into
server and client packages. If you install the mysql-client package on the
server, you'll have all you need (libs and stuff) to access a remote server
- without the mysql server itself.
Not sure about the windows, although I would guess that the installer let's
you choose which parts to install (client libs/tools, server or both).