[question] Event Handeling Between Two wxPanles in A wxNotebook

support.services.complaints at gmail.com support.services.complaints at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 04:31:03 EST 2005

Ok i have a wxFrame with a wxNotebook that has two wxPanels, lets call
them panel_1 and panel_2

i have wxTextCtrl in panel_1 (call it panel_1_ctrl) that i want the
user to be able to fill up. I then want the user to be able to click a
button (i.e. create an EVT) and have Value() of panel_1_ctrl be sent a
wxTextCtrl in panel_2.

So can i do this directly, i.e. is there a way to tell panel_2 that
something has happended in panel_1 and to send panel_2 that data? Or do
i have to go through the wxFrame i.e (panel_1 tells wxFrame that EVT
happened, wxFrame then tells panel_2).

in short panel_1_ctrl sends Value() to panel_2_ctrl.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.