psycopg authentication

jslowery at gmail.com jslowery at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:50:31 EST 2005

Hello, I'm new to both PostgreSQL and psycopg and I'm trying to connect
to my database running on localhost. I have postgres setup to do md5
authentication and this works when using a db admin tool on my local
network. For some reason, psycopg fails with IDENT authentication.

>>> import psycopg
>>> psycopg.connect("dbname=jlowery user=jlowery host=localhost
password=XXX")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
psycopg.OperationalError: FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for
user "jlowery"

Is there a way to make this module connect with MD5 auth?