File Uploads -- Windows Server

Doug Helm dhelm at wcsoftware.com
Sun Mar 27 22:50:35 EST 2005

I should have been more clear in my subject line.  I was also the poster in
the "File Uploads" topic.  I'm not having any luck getting file uploads to
work (multi-part HTML form) on a Windows server.  I'm using a very close
approximation of public domain code that I found.  I've tried a couple of
different implementations (very similar), but I am essentially using the
following test code:

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/cgi.shtml#upload

which does *not* work on my Windows / IIS server.  I have CGIs (py and pyc
files) configured as follows:

C:\Python\Python.Exe -u %s %s

C:\Python is (of course) where Python is installed on my machine.
-u allows for binary data to be processed (I believe)
I'm not sure what %s %s does (would be nice to know...)

Anyway, I believe I have write permissions in the directory that I'm trying
to write (and would expect an error if I didn't)...

I'm not getting any error.  I submit a multi-part form to save a file
attachment to disk, and the post just hangs.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?  Has anyone made CGI file uploads work
in a Windows / IIS environment?

Thanks much for any help that you can provide.

Doug