Ruby on Rails or Perl's Maypole..is there a Python equivalent

Gary Nutbeam gnutbeam at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 17:05:31 EST 2005

I count zpt as xml because page templates can operate in html or xml mode.
This is not a troll. It is a lot of work in Zope to create interfaces to
relational data for anything more than simple data models.

It's a lot less work in Maypole or Rails, but I don't want to go back to
writing in Perl, or needing to learn Ruby.

I do like Formulator but the documentation on it is weak. I don't want to
have to go rooting around in the source code or spending hours on weeding
through mailing lists for answers. I still have to screw around and glue
formulator to the data with python, zpt, and zsql methods. Archetypes seems
a lot closer to a fix, but there are problems with SQLStorage representing
anything more than simple relationships reliably.

It would be nice to have an object database that is ACID compliant.

<snip>