Non-blocking input on windows, like select in Unix

fraca7 fraca7 at free.fr
Wed Mar 2 06:29:59 EST 2005

Jonathan Fine a écrit :
> Paul Rubin wrote:

> As I recall, some posts to this list say that Windows provides
> non-blocking i/o for sockets but not for files.

No, Windows does provide non-blocking I/O for regular files, but it's a
completely different mechanism than the one used by winsock. You'll have
to use win32all and enter the Dark Side, that is Windows APIs.

You don't want to do that if you're not already familiar with
CreateProcess, CreatePipe, overlapped structures, WaitForSingleObject &
al...