Web framework

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Mon Mar 14 06:01:34 EST 2005

> Not wrong. I am aware of this, but it's not like that many development
> tools can work through FTP or WebDav ..

If your tools can't, then you can still use ftp clients to push the files to
the server. Actually lots of web-development is done by working locally on
the files, then publishing these to the server. Think of the horror to
create apache modules with certain lib dependencies (e.g. oracle) under
windows. Some people I know even abuse CVS for uploading their files to the
server - which renders CVS pretty useless.

And quite a few tools _are_ capable of directly using ftp as storage
backend. (x)emacs for example.

> Besides, how to have the
> source code under source control if it's stuck in the ZODB?

You can still fetch it using webdav and ftp and stick it into CVS/SVN.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch