(no subject)

Thu Mar 31 16:15:01 EST 2005

#! rnews 1765
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
From: Harry George <harry.g.george at boeing.com>
Subject: Re: Generating RTF with Python
Sender: hgg9140 at cola2.ca.boeing.com
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:56:42 GMT

Axel Straschil <axel at straschil.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> > does anyone know of a high-level solution to produce RTF from Python=20
> > (something similar to
> > Reportlab for producing PDF)?
>
> Spend hours of googeling and searching, also in this NG, about two
> months ago. My conclusion is: On windwos, maybe you can include some
> hacks with dll's, under linux, linux support for generating rtf is none,
> and so is python's.
>
> My workaround was:
> http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/
> This includes an html2rtf converter, which I access from python via
> popen and temporary files. Not high-level, not very sexy ... ;-(
>
> Lg,
> AXEL.
> --
> "Aber naja, ich bin eher der Forentyp." Wolfibolfi's outing in
> http://www.informatik-forum.at/showpost.php?p=206342&postcount=10

I generate docbook and convert that to rtf.  I generate the docbook
from my pdx markup:

http://www.seanet.com/~hgg9140/comp/index.html#L007

If you go this route, your python code is actually writing pdx, and
you need a 2 step conversion (pdx2docbook.py, then openjade for the
xml-to-rtf step).

harry.g.george at boeing.com
6-6M21 BCA CompArch Design Engineering
Phone: (425) 294-4718