OSX / Python 2.3 error"truncated or malformed object ..."

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Fri Mar 18 13:15:40 EST 2005

MacOS 10.3.8, Python 2.3. I installed both Tkinter and appscript
yesterday.  Now when I open python (or pythonw) in the Terminal I get the
following:

Python 2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)] on darwin
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python:
object: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/readline.so
truncated or malformed object (LC_SEGMENT command 2 fileoff field plus
filesize field extends past the end of the file)

Everything I've actually tried with Python still works, including both
Tkinter and appscript scripts; however, I obviously don't like seeing
errors reported, especially ones I have no clue about.

Does anyone know what this is, and/or how to fix it?

Ian