avl tree

Berthold Höllmann bhoel at despammed.com
Mon May 30 15:13:57 EDT 2005

Zunbeltz Izaola <zunbeltz at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install avl module from
> http://www.nightmare.com/squirl/python-ext/avl
>
> and i had the following instruction to install
>
> Building:
>
> Unix:
> First, cd $(AVL_LIB), then 'make libavl.a'
>
> Then copy AVLmodule.c into your Modules directory.
> add a few lines like this to your Python/Modules/Setup file.
> # avl module
> AVL_LIB=/usr/src/other-homes/rushing/python/avl
> avl AVLmodule.o -DDEBUG_AVL -I$(AVL_LIB) -L$(AVL_LIB) -lavl
>
> I have build livavl.a, but i don't understan where is Python/Modules/Setup
> and where goes the AVLModule.c file goes.

I'm afraid you won't be happy with the code. It's very old and likely
won't compile. We have an inhouse version of this module which
compiles and run on Sparc solaris (32 Bit) and linux x86 with Python
up to 2.4. I fixed some warnigs just today for compilation on Linux
x86_64, it also seems to work on this platform now. Installation is
setup.py based. I'm quite sure we once sent patches to Sam Rushing,
but they never made it into his release. I'll try to publish our
version the next days.

Regards
Berthold
--