German spam event [was: Re: Schily ueber Deutschland]

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun May 15 21:41:34 EDT 2005

[Paul Rubin]

> I don't think that post was really from MAL.  It seems to be a
> sporgery attack on the newsgroup.  Sigh.

For the last two days, I receive quite an amount of robotic rejects,
after my name was used as the forged From: for an apparently massive
spam invoice written in German.  At the same time, I noticed an increase
of German-written spam filtering through a few lists I'm subscribed to,
and the Python list among others.

Such forged From appears all the time as far as I am concerned, and had
for years now.  But something significant happened this weekend.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca