Interaction between TclTk editor with Python code

ab koppalaby at gmail.com
Tue May 17 01:36:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have an editor(front end) that is written in Tcl/Tk.
It has a menu bar, menu buttons, edit boxes, listboxes & comboboxes.
I am invoking this editor from an application that is written in
Python.
all the necessary processing is done in Python and displaying is done
by the Tcl/Tk code.

Now if I make some changes in the GUI, say I change some value in the
editbox or set some value in the list box and click on save in the GUI,
how can I read the changed values from Python?
I mean, how can I get the value changed in the GUI into some Python
variable?

Thanks,
Ab.