Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no one can come to the Father(God)(in Heaven), but by me." (John 14:6) This means that if you die without trusting in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour you will die in your sins and be forever separated from the love of God in a place called Hell. The Holy Bible descibes Hell as a place of eternal torment, suffering, pain and agony for all those who have rejected Jesus Christ. The good news is that you can avoid Hell by allowing Jesus Christ to save you today. Only then will you have true peace in your life knowing that no matter what happens you are on your way to Heaven. by BluWater0523 at yahoo.com

don freeman dfreem3 at nospam.shaw.ca
Wed May 11 18:12:46 EDT 2005

> Who is this Jesus you are talking about? Does he know Python or
> something? What do fig trees have to do with Python and/or Jesus?

Bertand Russell said it best:

  Then there is the curious story of the fig tree, which always rather
puzzled me. You remember what happened about the fig tree. "He was
hungry; and seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, He came if haply
He might find anything thereon; and when He came to it He found nothing
but leaves, for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and
said unto it: 'No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever' . . . and
Peter . . . saith unto Him: 'Master, behold the fig tree which thou
cursedst is withered away.'" This is a very curious story, because it
was not the right time of year for figs, and you really could not blame
the tree. I cannot myself feel that either in the matter of wisdom or in
the matter of virtue