XUL behavior in Python via XPCOM, Mozilla

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Sat Nov 12 18:03:39 EST 2005

On 12 Nov 2005 12:47:58 -0800
"Devan L" <devlai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nufox?
> http://trac.nunatak.com.au/projects/nufox
Nufox is a server-side tool to *generate* XUL from Python.

Luxor
http://luxor-xul.sourceforge.net/
is a XUL-interpreter written in Python, which
therefore *replaces* Mozilla for XUL-based GUI applications.
It scripts in Python or Java by default.

But then there's the announcement at
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roadmap/archives/008865.html
by Brenden Eich that will use the PyXPCOM work by Mark
Hammond to put python scripting capability into the Mozilla
XUL engine, so that you can use
script="application/x-python" in order to do behavior
scripting in Python from within XUL running on top of
Mozilla.

I was also a little foggy about the relationship between
these components (which I hope I've just spelled out for the
record).

Thanks for the replies,
Terry