Python obfuscation

Wed Nov 16 16:22:35 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:51:35 +0000, Ed Jensen wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano <steve at removemecyber.com.au> wrote:
>> I'm not sure if that is meant to be a rhetorical
>> question or not, but something of the order of 95% of
>> all software written is never distributed to others,
>> and so copyright or the lack of copyright is not an issue.
>
> Can you cite your source(s) for this information?

Not easily, but I will try.

If it helps, I will clarify what I was talking about -- in hindsight it is
a little unclear. Most software written (I think about 95%) is by
companies for in-house use only. Since it never gets distributed outside
of the company using it, copyright is of little additional value.

--
Steven.