newbie questions

john boy xray_alpha_charlie at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 01:02:17 EST 2005

have a few questions...i'm a newbie....so i'd appreciate any help

1- what is the difference between Python GUI and Python command line?

2-in Python command line when I hit enter after typing a command I cannot go back and "delete" "backspace" or otherwise edit a previous command...why?

3-I have tried the following example from "how to think like a computer scientist"

def makeline():
    print

print "firstline"
makeline()
print "secondline"

problem is....whenever I type -print "firstline"- and then hit enter...well it follows the command and gives "firstline"
EX.
print "firstline"
firstline

instead of giving me a chance to type in -makeline()-
and thus completing the example

Anybody help here?? thanks -xray-

http://mail.yahoo.com