Proposal for adding symbols within Python

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Nov 14 22:18:30 EST 2005

Björn Lindström <bkhl at stp.lingfil.uu.se> wrote:
> So, I guess no one read my explanation of why this an issue about
> more than implementing enums (which is fairly trivial, as we have
> seen).

I read it. I see that something more than enums is being asked for.
What I don't see is a use case where this is a benefit over just using
an object type, such as enum or a string or something else.

--
 \     "All my life I've had one dream: to achieve my many goals."  -- |
  `\                                             Homer, _The Simpsons_ |