Cheapest pocket device to code python on

Ten runlevelten at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:51:12 EST 2005

On Friday 04 November 2005 03:55, theboringdays at gmail.com wrote:
> What is the cheapest/affordable pocket device that I can code python
> on? I think the closest I have seen is pocketpc from this page:
>
> http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PocketPCPython/Overview

Depends what you're using it for, and how cheap you mean.

Having seen the PocketPC angle covered, I may as well cover a different angle
give an even cheaper option.

I use an old epocpython on a Psion Revo Plus for jotting down python concepts
and testing out ideas, and I wouldn't be without it - especially because the
Revo keyboard is usable in a way touchscreens aren't for me.

It's not the most extensive python installation, and it won't stand much
earthshifting (it doesn't include some modules, like tkinter) but it's a hell
of a lot of portable python considering the fact you can pick one up for
around 10 to 20 squids on ebay.

Better keyboard than a pda, portable python for next to nothing.