Converting a flat list to a list of tuples

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Tue Nov 22 15:12:52 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:26:45 +0100, "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

>Duncan Booth wrote:
>
>> That's funny, I thought your subject line said 'list of tuples'. I'll
>> answer the question in the subject rather than the question in the body:

>> [('a', 1), ('b', 2), ('c', 3)]
>
>yesterday, we got locals()["_[1]"].  and now this ?

I don't really think those are comparable.

>is "relying on undefined behaviour" perhaps the new black ?
Is it really undefined? If so, IMO it should be defined to
do what it apparently does.

>and people are impressed?  it's like my old Z80 days, when
>some folks thought it was truly amazing that call(11) printed
>the raw contents of the entire memory to the screen...

You really don't think it was cool? Or could be well defined? ;-)

Hm, actually, something tells me I've seen some variation of this before,
but I can't think of the context off hand.

Regards,
Bengt Richter