How to print random strings

theboringdays at gmail.com theboringdays at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 19:34:27 EST 2005

Im at the end of chapter 3 of "Python Programming For The Absolute
Beginner, Michael Dawson " and he asks to make a fortune program that
displays a fortune each time its ran, and to have 5 unique fortunes.

Whats confusing is that, he never discussed how to do this. The only
thing he talked about was using random.randrange() and I tried that
with text but it seems like its only for integers as it complains when
I put text in the argument.

So how would I go about have 5 strings, and running a program that will
randomly pick one of those to print?

I think he may have forgot to cover something?