about sort and dictionary

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 22:05:33 EST 2005

Mike Meyer wrote:
> rurpy at yahoo.com writes:
> > I think this is just another (admittedly minor) case of Python's
> > designers using Python to enforce some idea of programming
> > style purity.
>
> You say that as if it were a bad thing.

Well, there are many languages that promote a specific
style of programming and many of the ideas developed
have been incorporated in later, more general languages
to good effect.

But for a language that wants to be a general purpose
language, yea, I guess I think it's bad.  A general
purpose language should strive to support as wide a
varity of styles as possible.

But this is getting rather off-topic.