C extension + libm oddity [fmod(2.0, 2.0) == nan ?!]

Lonnie Princehouse finite.automaton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 20:27:58 EST 2005

> Have you compiled the C extension with all optimization turned off?

Yes.  The C extension's objects are compiled only with the debugging
flag and -fPIC for position indepdendent code, necessary for shared
objects.  No optimization.   The only things that have any optimization
are Python and glibc (using -O2)  I guess I should try glibc without
optimization too... ick.

> I suggest disassembling it and stepping through it instruction by instruction if you haven't done that.

Unfortunately I think you are correct ;-)