Learning multiple languages (question for general discussion)

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Thu Nov 3 12:41:13 EST 2005

infidel wrote:
> Python has spoiled me.  I used to periodically try out new languages
> just for fun, but since learning Python, it's become a lot less
> interesting.  I find myself preferring to just try new ideas or
> techniques in Python rather than searching for new languages to dabble
> in.

Agreed. It's a bit like getting married. Maybe it seems a little
more dull than chasing new girls now and then, but it's really
much more rewarding to grow together with a (person or language)
that you know and like really well. Particularly when it's such
amazing darlings such as Python and my wife! :)