different binding behavior

Gabriel Zachmann zach at in.tu-clausthal.de
Fri Nov 18 09:34:36 EST 2005

> We've just had a HUGE thread arguing about this behaviour, just three or
> five days ago. Let's not start it again.

ok, could you please point me to it?

> In a nutshell, the behaviour is because ints are immutable and can't be
> changed in place, and lists are mutable and can be changed in place.
>
> Imagine that ints could be changed in place. Then you could do this:

i don't see why there should be only one instance of Int with the value 0.
But if all this has already been debated (and, apparently, my point didn't
succeed), there is no need to discuss all this over again.

In any case, thanks a lot for your response and summary.

Best regards,
Gabriel.

| Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,            |
| or more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage -  |
| to move in the opposite direction.                         (Einstein) |