help-I am new to python, I have some query could sombody help me out.

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Mon Nov 7 12:54:32 EST 2005

sumi wrote:
> I am very new to python ,  I have small query could some one help me.
> every time I get a new load i need to do few things like creating some
> dir, changing some file contents and moving some files , i would like
> to know if i can write a python script to do all these operation .

Sure, that's something Python shines at. If you are very new, you
will probably want to look at some general tutorial first.

The specific functions you need are in some standard modules though,
and when you start to feel comfortable with how Python works in
general, read these:

http://docs.python.org/lib/builtin.html
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-os.path.html
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-os.html (file stuff)