/usr/lib/python2.4/posixfile.py error

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Nov 4 01:12:19 EST 2005

Chris wrote:
> Wonder if anyone can help me?

I very much doubt that, with as little information you gave us.

> I am trying to run a perl script but I keep getting this error:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.4/posixfile.py:59: DeprecationWarning: The posixfile
> module is obsolete and will disappear in the future
>   DeprecationWarning)

It's very strange that you get a Python error when running a Perl
script.

> Any ideas on why it's failing on that python module?

It's not failing. It's a warning, not an error. The warning is
that the Python code you are running uses the posixfile module,
and it should be rewritten to stop doing so, as the posixfile
module will go away eventually.

Regards,
Martin