gmpy 1.01 rc near... anybody wanna test>

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 00:40:12 EST 2005

I have fixed almost all of the outstanding bugreports and feature
request for gmpy: divm doesn't leak memory any more, truediv and
floordiv are implemented for all types, etc -- in the current CVS
version (one thing I must still look at is divm's behavior when its args
are not mutually prime).  It currently compiles w/o warnings, and passes
all of its 1040+ tests, w/the current release of GMP (4.1.4), Python
(2.4.2), MacOSX (10.4.3), XCode (2.1), gcc (4.0).\\

gmpy users able to download and build from sourceforge's cvs are
encouraged to test the current CVS version.  This is a great time to
send me any bug reports or (minor;-) feature requests, since I hope to
release a "1.01 release candidate" of gmpy ASAP.  I'm currently unable
to build any Windows version -- any volunteer for THAT task is doubly
welcome;-).

Thanks,

Alex