Not enough arguments for format string

Kevin Walzer sw at wordtech-software.com
Mon Nov 14 12:06:25 EST 2005

I'm getting an error in a Python script I'm writing: "not enough
arguments for format string." The error comes at the end of the
os.system command, referenced below. Any ideas?

---

import EasyDialogs
import os
import sys

password = EasyDialogs.AskPassword("To launch Ethereal, please enter
your password:")
binpath = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0]),
'/opt/local/bin/ethereal')

os.system('open -a X11.app; cd ~/; printenv; DISPLAY=:0.0; export
DISPLAY;  echo %s | sudo -S %s; sudo -k' %password %binpath)

TypeError: not enough arguments for format string

--
Cheers,

Kevin Walzer, PhD
WordTech Software - "Tame the Terminal"