importing a method

Martin Miller ggrp1.20.martineau at dfgh.net
Wed Nov 30 19:34:30 EST 2005

You're not missing anything -- it's my own [mis-]understanding that
descriptors would only work with new-style classes, not the old-style
ones used in the OP's example.

However your example certainly proves that is not the case, even if you
go one step further and call the bound method/function:
>>> o.z()
<__main__.old instance at 0x009D5F30>

So I stand corrected -- thank you.

Best,