Why are there no ordered dictionaries?

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Tue Nov 22 14:15:18 EST 2005

Fuzzyman wrote:

 > But that doesn't allow you to create an ordered dict from another
 > ordered dict.

Right; I did not want to present a full implementation, just the
relevant part. Of course, a real implementation should also allow to
build an ordered dict from another ordered dict or an ordinary dict. (In
the latter case, maybe the keys should be automatically sorted.) But one
or two case disctinctions would not make things mentionable slower.

-- Christoph