Python and PL/SQL

infidel saint.infidel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:31:28 EST 2005

> Thanks for your answers.
> I would like to document with Python PL/SQL of programs, so similarly
> as javadoc for Java.
> I do not know whether it is possible. If yes, I would like to know how.

All of the source code for procedures and packages in an oracle
database can be retreived from the USER_SOURCE view.  It's just plain
text, though, and one record per line.  Parsing it for documentation
would be up to you.

There are other views that might be useful too, like USER_TABLES,
USER_TAB_COLUMNS, USER_OBJECTS, USER_PROCEDURES, USER_ARGUMENTS, etc
etc etc