BisonGen parser generator. Newbie question

uche.ogbuji at uche.ogbuji at
Tue Nov 29 16:54:32 CET 2005

I'm trying to run the calculator example included with the "BisonGen"
parser generator, but I've been unable to put it to work.

When I compile the xml file "simple.bgen" with the script
"BisonGen.bat", the only parser I get is a C file. I've heard BisonGen
generates also a python file, which is, I believe, the one used
imported by "" to run the testing.

Apologies for the late reply.  Holidays and all that...

Anyway, this is strange.  You should get both C and .py file (and .java
files if you're using a recent CVS version).  Here is what I get:

$BisonGen simple.bgen
Generate parser simple.c
Generate parser
Generate constants
Generate handler
Generate handler

What do you get for output?  BTW, if you want to try a recent CVS
version, grab the snapshot: (.zip
also available).

Also, you might want to ask BGen questions on the 4Suite mailing list,
where other BGen developers hang out.

Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.