Choose meaningful subjects for posts [was: Re: newb ?]

Mike Meyer mwm at
Fri Nov 18 17:18:50 CET 2005

Steve Holden <steve at> writes:
> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>> Chad Everett wrote:
>>>I am back.
>>>No I am not a high school or college student.
>> your subject lines still suck.  please read this
>> before you post your next question.
>> (the entire article is worth reading, if you haven't done so already)
> Note also that the subject line on an existing thread can be changed,
> though not everyone's software will track the changes,
> unfortunately. It's always worth taking the time to make sure the
> subject line really does describe the subject of your message

[Since we're giving posting advice.]

By the same token, don't use a reply to start a new thread. Some
software *will* keep it in the thread, and if they had killed the
thread, they won't see your posts.

Mike Meyer <mwm at>