Microsoft Hatred FAQ

David Schwartz davids at webmaster.com
Tue Oct 18 01:21:55 EDT 2005

"Roedy Green" <my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid> wrote in
message news:8b09l1tgavuiu3hmatva34624lvsjn6mtl at 4ax.com...

> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:44:55 -0700, "David Schwartz"
> <davids at webmaster.com> wrote or quoted :

>>    It is not Microsoft's obligation to be "fair". It is Microsoft's
>>obligation to push their vision of the future of computing, one with
>>Microsoft's products at the center, using anything short of force or
>>fraud.

> I think that what they did borders on force/fraud.

    I don't think any of it bordered on force or fraud. However, their
obligation to their shareholders requires them to do anythign that borders
on force/fraud so long as it isn't force/fraud. However, the use of things
too close to force/fraud often backfires. Microsoft has an obligation to be
strategic and look nice where those things beneficially impact the bottom
line.

    It's Bill Gates' job to make his company worth as much as possible.

    DS