Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Roedy Green my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid
Thu Oct 27 08:11:36 EDT 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 04:07:50 -0700, "David Schwartz"
<davids at webmaster.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
said :

>    That is a bit questionable, I admit. It is questionable because the
>intent is pretty obviously to get the individuals more interested in being
>nice to you than looking out for the interests of their employers when they
>make their purchasing decisions.

I don't think this was as reprehensible as what MS did.  For a start,
everyone could refuse the trip if they wanted without dire
consequences. They could also refuse to go out partying each night
with the salesmen.  They could refrain from alcohol (as I did).

Even though I don't think in most cases the salesmen went so far as to
purchase hookers or lap dancers, they did after the evening's revelry
know something about the client that potentially could be very
embarrasing if it were revealed to a spouse, without the tiniest hint
of a threat to do so.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.