Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Peter T. Breuer ptb at oboe.it.uc3m.es
Tue Oct 25 03:58:22 EDT 2005

In comp.os.linux.misc David Schwartz <davids at webmaster.com> wrote:
> "Peter T. Breuer" <ptb at oboe.it.uc3m.es> wrote in message
> news:2n3133-19g.ln1 at news.it.uc3m.es...
> [DS, MS shill, said ..]
>>>     Essentially, Microsoft asked for exclusive arrangements. That is,
>>> arrangements wherein you could not sell competing products if you wished
>>> sell Microsoft products. That's not even remotely unusual.

>> It soitenly is, stanley. In case you hadn't noticed, the shops sell
>> more than one kind of washing powder.

>     Your argument is nonsensical. Because you can find one category of goods
> that don't have the property I'm talking about it follows that the property
> is unusual?!

Yep. You got it.

>     Operating systems are not like washing powder at all.

Really? In what way? I think you'll find that in germany at least,
Linux *IS* a brand of washing powder.

> Try to sell both
> Big Macs and Whoppers in one store.

Looks good to me -  buy my hamburgers in a shop that sells lots of
different kinds in their freezer. I THINK you are trying to confuse
hamburgers and restaurant chains, BTW.  Uh, uh.  Won't woik, stan.  I
know the difference.

> Heck, try to sell Craftsman tools
> without being a Sears.

No idea what they are, but I imagine they are something you tie round
an ample midriff. Anyway, your example is the wrong way round - you
mean "try to buy a lawn mower from Sears without paying for the price
of a set of Craftsman tools". Or shumeshing.

> Microsoft gets to decide whether they sell their
> operating systems software like washing powder or like burgers, not you.

Uh uh. No they don't.  Discriminatory trading practices are, uh,
illegal. You can't refuse to sell me something (or ratch up the price)
just because you don't like me, or even worse, because you want to
create a articial supply and demand situation.  That's called "fixing
the market".

>> Please stop this shillism.

>     If you could produce a strong argument, it might make sense to accuse me
> of shilling.

I don't have to - shilling is as as shilling looks. If YOU want to
find out what MS did wrong, read the official and legal reports, dude.
The findings are findings of fact.

Peter