[OT] Re: output from external commands

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 22:36:32 EDT 2005

darren kirby wrote:
> quoth the Fredrik Lundh:
>
>>(using either on the output from glob.glob is just plain silly, of course)

[snip]

> It is things like this that make me wary of posting to this list, either to
> help another, or with my own q's. All I  usually want is help with a specific
> problem, not a critique involving  how brain-dead my code is. I'm a beginner,
> of course my code is going to be brain-dead ;)

I wouldn't fret too much about a sharp remark from Fredrik Lundh.
They're pretty much all that way. ;) It looks like you already did the
right thing - read past the insults, and gleaned the useful information
that he included in between.  It takes a little training to get used to
him, but if you can look past the nasty bite, he's really a valuable
resource around here.

STeVe