Python reliability

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Oct 10 08:06:48 EDT 2005

Ville Voipio wrote:
> In article <7xr7au1hr5.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>, Paul Rubin wrote:
>
>>I would say give the app the heaviest stress testing that you can
>>before deploying it, checking carefully for leaks and crashes.  I'd
>>say that regardless of the implementation language.
>
> Goes without saying. But I would like to be confident (or as
> confident as possible) that all bugs are mine. If I use plain
> C, I think this is the case. Of course, bad memory management
> in the underlying platform will wreak havoc.

Python isn't perfect, but I do believe that is as good as the best of
the major "standard" systems out there.

You will have *far* greater chances of introducing errors yourself by
coding in c, than you will encounter in Python.

You can see the bugs fixed in recent versions, and see for yourself
whether they would have crashed your system. That should be an indicator:

http://www.python.org/2.4.2/NEWS.html

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/