Here I am again, same old arguments

CJ cj at nowhere.com
Thu Oct 13 04:05:00 EDT 2005

Wow, thanks alot. I pretty much (due to my own desire to get the program to )(@#T(=!!! work and
be done with it) just turned the list into a function that returns a list that isn't attached to
anything but the function itself, but I've taken the advice to heart.

Most of what you posted makes sense, and is in fact easier than what I was doing, but I have
three questions:

1) Why no global variables? I'm taking your word for it that they're bad. Far be it from me to
argue with you, but why are they bad ideas to begin with? Most of the languages I've used up to
this point have been reliant on globals, so I'm not entirely sure why they shouldn't be used.

2) Why no for loop with an index? Again, far be it from me to argue, but it seemed perfect for
my program.

3) Where do I find a command list, with syntax and all that fun stuff for Python? I've explored
the python site to no end, but I can't seem to find a list.

Again, thanks to everyone who put my crappy noob proggie through the blender :D I really did
learn alot. Like how my 60 line program got turned into a 15 line code snippet. (I'm not being
sarcastic, really, thanks)

-----
Wait a minute. I can use my PSP to play GAMES?!?

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote in
news:pan.2005.10.09.12.15.12.523844 at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au: