Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Paul Rubin http
Sun Oct 2 23:28:46 EDT 2005

Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> writes:
> >> Compile-time restrictions don't matter for squat - you need
> >> serious restrictions on what the program can do at runtime.
> >
> > You need both.
>
> Yup. Any language besides Java even *try* to provide both for a
> production environment?

Yes.  Python tried.  It had a module called rexec for that purpose.
I keep mentioning that, and you keep ignoring it.  Rexec was around
for a long time, and was removed for technical reasons with some
reluctance.  There is nothing un-Pythonic about the idea.