XML Tree Discovery (script, tool, __?)

uche.ogbuji at gmail.com uche.ogbuji at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:37:19 EDT 2005

"""
I was looking for something similar (XML to DTD inference) but I didn't
find anything related in python. Trang
(http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang-manual.html#introduction),
on the other hand seems impressive after a few non-trivial tests. It
would be neat to have it ported in python, at least the inference part.

"""

If you're OK with RELAX NG rather than DTD as the schema output
(probably a good idea if you're using namespaces), consider
Examplotron, which I've used on many such production tasks.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-xmptron/

It's XSLT rather than Python, but the good news is that XSLT is easy to
invoke from Python using tools such as 4Suite.

http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/akara/nodes/2003-01-01/python-xslt

--
 Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com