[ANN] XPN 0.5.5 released
nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Thu Oct 13 21:52:21 CEST 2005
XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader with Unicode
support. It is written with Python+GTK. It has features like
scoring/actions, X-Face and Face decoding, muting of quoted text,
newsrc import/export, find article and search in the body, spoiler
char/rot13, random taglines and configurable attribution lines.
You can find it on:
Changes in this release:
* improved support for outgoing/draft articles, now is possible to
re-edit queued articles.
* added a simple SSL connection support (no certificates checks)
* added multipart article support (no binary attachments support)
* added German translation (thanks to Rene Fischer)
* fixed a bug that caused crashes with strange Date fields
* fixed a bug in newsrc importing, now is alse possible to import
not standard newsrc files like the Xnews ones.
* fixed a bug in the newsrc system that caused a crash with groups
containings lots of articles
* a lot of little bug-fixes and little enhancements
XPN is translated in Italian French and German, if you'd like to
in your language and you are familiar with gettext and po-files
editing please contact me (xpn at altervista.org).
This is not a beer belly. It's a fuel tank for a sex machine.
|\ | |HomePage : http://nem01.altervista.org
| \|emesis |XPN (my nr): http://xpn.altervista.org
More information about the Python-list